INVITATION TO BID
Building 21 Demolition Project
PORT OF PALM BEACH DISTRICT
RIVIERA BEACH, FLORIDA
- Sealed bids for the Building 21 Demolition Project at the Port of Palm Beach District will be received by the Owner, PORT OF PALM BEACH DISTRICT, until 2:00 p.m., local time on February 20, 2014, at One East 11th Street, 6th Floor, Riviera Beach, Florida 33404. Bids received after this time will be returned unopened. Bids submitted will be opened publicly and read aloud shortly thereafter.
2. Project consists generally of the demolition and legal disposal of a single story structure and associated site work. The project is located inside the Port’s secured boundary area.
- Bid Documents will be available on January 21, 2014, at 2:00 p.m. Bidders may obtain complete sets of Bidding Documents from the Port of Palm Beach at One East 11th Street, Riviera Beach, 6th Floor.
Bidding Documents may be examined at the Port of Palm Beach District, One East 11th Street, Suite 600, Riviera Beach, Florida 33404 (contact Janet Long at (561) 383-4124).
- Bidders will be permitted to withdraw their Bids at any time prior to Bid opening.
6. The Port will not award a Contract to any Bidder who cannot prove to the satisfaction of the Port that they have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in the type of construction called for in the Contract Documents and is financially able and organized to successfully carry out the Work covered by the Contract Documents in the required time. Bidder must have a valid contractor’s license at time of Bid opening for the Work to be performed, in order for their Bid to be considered. A copy of the Bidder’s license, in the name of the Bidder shown on the Bid Proposal Page, shall be submitted with the Bid. Should Bidder’s license and certification not be current as referenced in this paragraph, the Bid shall be rejected.
7. Sealed Bids shall be addressed to the Port of Palm Beach District and plainly marked “Building 21 Demolition Project” on the outside of the envelope. The Bidder’s name and address shall also be included on the outside of the envelope.
8. The Bidder agrees that the Bid shall be good, and may not be withdrawn for a period ending the later of ninety (90) calendar days after Bid Opening, or the execution of the Contract between the successful Bidder and the Port.
9. The Port reserves the right to waive any technicalities/irregularities and/or to reject any and/or all Bids. The Port further reserves the right to award a contract to that Bidder whose submittal best serves the interests of the Port, in the sole discretion of the Port.
10. Bidders may attend a Pre-Bid Conference to be held at One East 11th Street, Engineering Department, 6th Floor, Riviera Beach, Florida 33404, on January 30, 2014, at 10:00 a.m.
END OF INVITATION TO BID
Advertised January 19, 2014 - Palm Beach Post