The U.S. Coast Guard Captain of the Port (COTP) ordered Port Condition Zulu to be set at the Port of Palm Beach as of 8:00 pm ET today, Friday, September 8, 2017. Sustained gale force winds are expected to affect South Florida within 12 hours. The Port, including the administrative offices in the Maritime Office Complex, is closed as of 6:00 pm ET today.
- All affected Port waterfront operations are suspended.
- All vessels have departed the Port and anchorage unless otherwise authorized by the COTP.
- Coast Guard Port Survey Teams will conduct final Port assessments.
- Port and waterfront facilities shall remain closed to waterfront activities unless the passage of tropical storm force winds and the COTP, in conjunction with the SWAT (Strategic Weather Advisory Team), has determined that it is safe to reopen the Port based upon:
- Port and waterways damage survey assessments
- Aids to navigation verification
- Status and condition of drawbridges
- Re-establishment of required Port security measures in accordance with respective facility security plans
For the latest updates, follow the Port of Palm Beach on Twitter and visit www.portofpalmbeach.com.
United States Coast Guard, Sector Miami: http://homeport.uscg.mil/miami
-- Marine Safety Information Bulletin: http://bit.ly/2f88Ee4
Florida Emergency Information Line: 1-800-342-3557
Palm Beach & Treasure Coast 211 HelpLine: Dial 211